LATEST CORONA VIRUS NEWS FROM THE CLUB 22/05/2020
All Meets and THS’s scheduled for July are now cancelled.
The Club, and Greenfields House, is still effectively closed and will remain so through June, although we are hopeful of being able to open our UK Club Sites in early July, subject to government guidelines, and being safe to do so.
The Executive Committee have recently discussed the viability of delivering the ‘Club Festival 2021’, the event planned to replace the NFOL.
It is with a ‘heavy heart’ the decision has been taken that it would not be appropriate, or achievable, to launch this new event in 2021, for the following reasons:
- Despite the NFOL Sub-Committee’s best efforts there has been very little progress made since the February National Council meeting. It was only 5 weeks later that we were in lockdown, with staff working from home or placed on furlough leave.
- The NFOL Sub Committee will not be in a position to bring a detailed proposal to the September National Council meeting. The plans are currently behind schedule and there will continue to be further slippage until normal business resumes later in the year.
- Many staff are still on furlough leave, and unlikely to return to work in the near future.
- The new event does carry a significant financial risk. The Executive Committee do not feel it is the right time to be taking any financial risk on ‘non-essential’ elements of the operation.
- When introducing a new event, the launch is crucial in terms of its long-term success. With the tight timeframe, reduced resource and the current financial climate it is unlikely this could be achieved.
- There is a chance that gatherings like this will still not be allowed under continued social distancing guidelines.
The Executive Committee are aware that this will no doubt cause disappointment but do feel this is the appropriate and responsible decision to take at this time.
The decision has also been taken to cancel all Meets and Temporary Holiday Sites with a start date in July. This will be actioned by the Exempted Camping team.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and issue new guidance as and when required.
The Camping & Caravanning Club. The Central Counties region embraces the Counties of Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire and the Metropolitan County of West Midlands
There are 11 Regions of the Camping & Caravanning club in Britain, each administered by a partly elected and partly representative Regional Council. The Regions are then divided into District Associations, there are over 100 District Associations. Each District Association offers regular camping meets and social events. There are also many activities organised for the youth.
Take a look at your copy of the Out & About (a section inside the monthly magazine of the Camping & Caravanning Club) for details of DA & Region meets & rallies.
We are situated in the heart of the country and perfectly located for anyone travelling around Britain. If you are a member of the Camping & Caravanning Club you can camp at any weekend meet organised by a District Association.
https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/You may not live in our region but you can still camp with us at any time. There are very few meets that need to be pre-booked. To find out about all of our weekend meets visit our ‘Sites List‘ page.
Club members are placed automatically in the Region and DA where they live.
Northants D.A. was first formed in 1955 and has grown from strength to strength. We have some regular campers that have been with us since the early days of the club. Most of the camping was done in tents in the 50’s. Although there are still some tents, most of the camping is now done in caravans. It is no longer a pastime for just the hardy folk, today’s modern caravans have all the facilities needed for even the most discerning camper.
If you are a member of the Camping & Caravanning Club, you will find a wealth of information in the Camping and Caravanning Club Handbook that is given to every member on joining.